Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bad Thoughts


So I was scouring YouTube this morning, watching dogs do tricks and news blooper reels and the Unforgivable series, and I came across this video provided by a group known as the "Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice". I watched it, and it instantly won my sentiment.

The Scholars are an organization of professors, electrical engineers, aeronautical engineers, firemen, families of 9/11 victims, demolition experts, and thousands of others who've dedicated their time to finding and providing the world with a concrete explanation for exactly why things happened the way they did on 9/11.

Anyway, I sat for about 90 minutes and watched every video they'd posted and noticed that the group had gone from questioning the vague, myth-like account the government provided to uncovering evidence suggesting that the government masterminded the attacks.

In several videos, there's compelling footage supporting statements that the Trade Center was downed by a chemically-aided controlled demolition. Advocates provided actual debris from Ground Zero coated with substance known as thermate, which can heat to temperatures of over 4000 degrees Fahrenheit. Compelling stuff. They also provide testimony from administrative aides claiming that VP Cheney refused to order the plane that crashed into the Pentagon to be shot down. Finally, they've compiled hoards of first-hand accounts from reporters and NYC firefighters that compared the collapse of the towers to a demolition.

Sitting back and considering the possibility that our government, acting in accordance with an illicit financial and political agenda, possibly planned an attack that killed 3000 of its own citizens is numbing. But the more I think about it and our nation's history of back-door dealings, the capability is there. This is a nation founded on the genocide of over 15 million Native Americans, where Japanese citizens and immigrants were brazenly incarcerated simply because of their nationality, where government health officials used sharecroppers as guinea pigs for syphilis experiments , where the public deaths of JFK and Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy and Malcolm X still lack hard evidence, where the government provides guns to Nicaraguan rebels and profits from their drug trafficking, and where the government funnels cocaine into inner cities.

All of these things have one thing in common: the lack of any substantial explanation by the government. That's the only reason conspiracy theorists exist, because they're bold enough to challenge the commonly accepted stories that are all to often incoherent and nonsensical.

I don't really know if I believe the government executed 9/11. What I do know is that until they provide a cogent reason for why two 110-story steel towers melted, collapsed, and disintegrated (and where on earth the remains of those jets are), I can't believe that they didn't do it.

No comments: